Tuesday, October 12, 2010

We did evolve from monkeys right? So, it makes sense ...

I have known for a long time that my son is a climber. (Here's where I would insert a picture of him climbing out of his crib at 12 months, if I had one.)

He's just really good at it. I am not sure how this skill will serve him later in life ... 

... but for now he seems to be having a lot of fun just climbing trees.
And I am having fun taking pictures of him climbing trees.
  
And using fancy editing software to give the illusion of an angelic glow.
  
But I swear to you I did not edit these pictures. The situation is every bit as dangerous as it appears.


Yes, that's my only son Trey. Up in the very top of that tall tree. 

Wearing his helmet (NOT because I had him wear it before tree climbing, but because he didn't stop to remove it when he hopped off his tricycle to run and climb a tree).
And what does it say about me (and my mothering instincts) that I ran to get a camera before rescuing him?





3 comments:

Grey280 said...

That you have a Social Networking Generation mother's instincts? :)

Anonymous said...

That is sooo funny! I love love love that picture. Diane

Robin said...

Oh my gosh! Too freaking funny to see that little head sticking out of the tree. What a shock that must have been. Love that little guy!!

Rob