Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

I watched the wedding. I had to. I couldn't let my readers, who wouldn't be caught dead watching this stuff, down. Admit it, you want details.

First, a singer I'd never heard of named Jason Castro (from American Idol, the one reality show I don't watch) sang "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" while Molly walked down the aisle. I know what you're thinking, cheesy. But it wasn't. Take a look at the lyrics, they're actually very touching.

Ok, then it starts pouring rain just as the ceremony begins. Evidently there were hundreds of giant transparent umbrellas on hand for the guests, but no canopy or tent could be found to shield the bride and groom from the elements. Sopping wet, they read poetry and their own vows to each other as the wind blew and the rain poured.

The kicker. A real rainbow appeared in the sky behind them. I am not joking. At least, I think it was real. Seems pretty coincidental.

Finally, at the reception, a husky-voiced Gavin DeGraw sang an acoustic version of Molly's favorite song, Follow Through as the couple kissed continually and sort of danced. I would have thought Gavin would be too cool for a gig like this, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

It was pretty good. And if you must know, I cried just a little bit. Twice.

1 comment:

Jean Santangelo said...

K, I LOVED their wedding and had all the same thoughts!!! You and I are probably the only two on earth that still watch The Bachelor/Bachelorette, lol, I get sucked in every time!