Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Best Wishes Molly and Jason

I stopped just short of watching Molly and Jason tie the knot last night on national television. Ok, I did record it. But I have no intention of watching it.

I'm happy for them and all, glad they found each other. And I'll admit watching the whole thing play out was riveting.

I'm sure you have a life and stopped watching The Bachelor back in the 2002. But I'm sentimental, and I tend to hang onto the things I love for dear life. So I'm still watching.

If you ever grocery shop, you probably saw the magazine covers though so you probably know what I'm talking about.

A couple of seasons ago, in the most dramatic "After the Final Rose Ceremony" ever, contestant Jason Mesnick broke up with the girl he had picked and proposed to (Melissa Rycroft) right there on that couch on live TV. Then Chris Harrison called his #2 pick Molly on stage and Jason basically asked her to "go with him" right there.

And she said yes.

Because I don't know about you, but being publicly rejected and then asked out on national television with no advance notice is my idea of R-O-M-A-N-T-I-C.

That whole thing was good television I don't care what you say.

Oh, and if I am ever a contestant on The Bachelor, I would for sure just quit right before the end to make sure I either win or get picked as the next Bachelorette.

No comments: