Monday, January 18, 2010

More on Our Daughters Think We're Old


Ok, my post about how our daughters think we're old has caused a stir. Maybe not an actual stir, but at least I have more to write about.


Additional mothers report about funny comments their daughters have made to them. These little girls of ours are determined to put us in our place.


Jenny: My dear sweet daughter told me I was pretty ... "especially when you wear make-up because it fixes your face."


Alison: My daughter was wondering why I had such big holes in my face (referring to my pores)!


Chris: Mine asked if I was having another baby. Me: "No, why do you ask?" Her: "Because your tummy looks like it did when Cam was in there."


Amy: My daughter's friend told me she really liked my "crack" cause "my mom doesn't have one" ... referring to my cleavage?!?
Jenny (hey, more from Jenny!): Mom, your butt is "loose"! 


To round out the assortment, I'm here to tell you that my son Trey still has on his Mommy-is-beautiful-goggles. Any new shirt or even a new coat of toe-nail polish elicits a response something like, "Nice shirt, Mommy!" or, "I like your bright nail polish Mommy!" God love him.

1 comment:

Melinda Hasting Wheatley said...

I'm taking off my makeup, standing in front of the bathroom mirror. My daughter, then fifteen, says: "Oh my god, what are those creases?" referring to the lines on my forehead.

Literally, until that moment, I haven't noticed them.

"They're probably wrinkles, I guess." Shit. Clear as a bell, I'm seeing suddenly.

"Bangs would work for you," she said, before flitting out the door and into my closet to borrow my favorite boots.