Saturday, July 3, 2010

Sparrows Live for 1-2 Years (and Up to 10 Years in Captivity)

I told you in my last post that I would keep you updated, and I am a woman of my word.
Did you know that sparrows live for about 1-2 years? And apparently they too will enter an open door or window.
Having never been a bird fan, no one was more freaked out than me (although not too freaked out to grab my camera). 

I was home alone with the kids, and we resorted to fleeing the house once the captive bird flew up the stairs and into my bedroom.

John came home just in time to save us all.
Even the bird. 




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

we had a bird fly in our house this summer too! Thank goodness we have a huge slider in our living room and we were able to get him to fly out and into the Lanai. The cat wasn't too happy:)
Happy 4th of July!
Jill

Grey280 said...

Try having cats bring a live bird in as a 'gift' for you. :)

Anonymous said...

I had a bird build a nest in the artificial tree on my patio. She laid four eggs, they hatched, and have since flown the coop! Crazy.