Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Look at Her Ski! What an Athlete, a Daredevil!

We recently went skiing at Mt. Bachelor in Bend, Oregon. I am not a good skier and the kids have never been skiing so we all took lessons.

People laugh at the bunny slope. But it's hard swerving around all of those new skiers and snowboarders when you have absolutely no control and don't know how to stop.

All that to say, they told us when we dropped 6-year-old Macy off at her "Little Rippers" class that she herself would be making a run down the bunny slope by the end of the day.

And sure enough she did. I was hanging out half-way down the "slope" with my "class" just learning a little bit about balance and steering. And there she went, whizzing down the hill.

I grabbed my iPhone just in time to grab a few shots. Not before interrupting my instructor mid-sentence with a shout, "Look, there's Macy my daughter!" My class smiled and nodded politely. But no, I didn't stop there.

"She's just six you know."
"Wow, look at her go!"
"She's never even been skiing!"
"Boy these kids learn fast."
etc. etc. etc.

After about 20 shots, I noticed that Macy's ski outfit was a very bright pink.

Way brighter than I remembered.

In fact, I was certain Macy's outfit was a sort of pale pink.

Then, it hit me.

Yep, you guessed it. That wasn't Macy.

3 comments:

shelly said...

Hilarious, Kari. It is sometimes embarrassing what braggrats us moms can be.

Anonymous said...

lol Kari...too funny!

Anonymous said...

OMG! Hilarious! I thought that is something only I would do! lol XOXO LoriAnn