Saturday, November 21, 2009

B-E-D Spells Bed

I had an episode with my 3-year-old son Trey tonight.

First, after passing himself off as potty trained for the last few weeks, he stood in his room and - with reckless abandon - relieved himself (on the rug of course, not on the easier-to-clean-up wood floor). Then he came to tell me about it. As in, Oh I had an accident in my room, Mom. It's in the way, you need to change me and clean it up.

Then when I tried to get him into the shower, he had a huge fit. Totally lost it. Just like a 3-year-old.

So I said slyly to John (my husband, Trey's Dad), I've had it. He's going to B-E-D early tonight.

Trey, just 3, is evidently a better speller than he is a social rule follower.

b-e-d? B ... E ... D? That spells bed. I don't want to go to bed!!!! He screamed.

That's it. Tomorrow, I'm learning sign language. Or French.

2 comments:

Sean Ohlinger said...

Poor Trey -- his picture posted with this hysterical (although perhaps not to you) story of potty-training mishaps and precocial orthography!

Reminds of the time in preschool when we forgot to give Connor something for "share-day"... When his turn came (and having nothing better to share), Connor stood up and began unzipping his fly, explaining, "I have something to SHARE with the class!"

Enjoy the priceless memory!

Grey280 said...

Right. I'll hook you up with a French AND sign language teacher. All in one, and for a great price! ;)