Monday, November 16, 2009

14 Things I Know For Sure

1. I will cry at some point while watching any episode of Brothers and Sisters.

2. I cannot resist eating chips and salsa with reckless abandon if they are placed in front of me.

3. Ann Curry will stumble on her lines at least once while reading the news on the Today Show.

4. The soundtrack to Spring Awakening will always put me in a better mood.

5. I will never be completely caught up with laundry or bills. There will always be a pile of both in my house to make me feel guilty.

6. My camera and video recorder will work perfectly and hold a charge, until I arrive at a recital or go to Disney World.

7. One margarita is never enough. Yet, depending on how big and how strong, two is sometimes too many.

8. In my social life, I will consistently and optimistically commit to at least one thing more than my bandwidth allows. Consequently, I will cancel at the last minute (or pull the occasional "no show"), therefore perpetuating my reputation as a somewhat unreliable social-slacker.

9. Although I am old enough to know better, I am certain to over-imbibe to the point of a hangover just often enough to remind me not to drink too much.

10. I will always be sad that I missed out on auditioning for the Real World (I was 23 when the first season aired, but I was too busy living a tv-free life so I didn't actually see the show until I was an ancient 28). So to make up for the lost opportunity, I will continue to religiously watch every single episode of Real World and the challenges, no matter how old I am.

11. Thank you notes, although I acknowledge they are socially correct and fun to receive, are the bane of my existence.

12. If given the opportunity, I will put off until tomorrow what can (and probably should) be done today.

13. There is almost nothing better than reading a can't-put-it-down-until-its-finished book.

14. I will always, always side with Jennifer Aniston. None of this was her fault. Wrong place, wrong time I'm thinking. What did Brad, John Mayer and the others NOT see in her that all of our husbands see?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this blog!! How do you find the time. Would love to hear more about what you do. These 14 things for sure hit it right on. Love the Ann Curry comment. Reminds me of GS days.

Shelly said...

Kari,
I so love your blog. This I know for sure. It makes me realize how refreshing honesty really is.

Navah said...

You are hilarious:
Salsa and chips - check,
Real World and Challenges - check,
Jennifer Aniston - check,
Camera and Video recorder - WHY! Check, and so on.

Keep up the great work on the blog, it's an A+!