Saturday, May 22, 2010

I Do So Keep Up With the News

You can learn a lot from People Magazine (my guilty travel pleasure, I indulged in the latest issue on my flight home yesterday).

For instance, I learned that actor Matthew Fox is also moving to Oregon now that Lost has wrapped. Strange coincidence? Or perhaps he is following my blog and is as big a fan of me as I am of him?

And did you know that there is a big Facebook Fan movement to get Cam and Mitchell from Modern Family to exchange a kiss (similar to the recent - and successful - Facebook movement to get Betty White to host SNL)? Producers of the show promise that a "public display of affection" will be addressed in season two.

Sidebar: If you aren't watching Modern Family, you really should be. (Remember back in the 90s when people were talking about Seinfeld and you just never found the time to tune in? Next thing you knew it was season three and you finally watched it and realized what you were missing? Well this is that same thing happening all over again. It is sitcom television at its finest. Witty, relevant, modern and laugh-out-loud funny.)

From this one issue, I also learned that Kate Hudson's son Ryder got a hair-cut. Finally. I was wondering what was up with that.

The Glee cast is complaining of exhaustion from 16-hour days of rehearsals and filming. Did they think starring in a show where they put on a mini-broadway act every week would be a walk in the park?

Demi Moore, 47, and her husband Ashton Kutcher are trying to have a baby. I wish them luck, however ...

Elin and Tiger will most likely split up. Wow, what a shocker. And, Jesse James reports he is "tortured with regret" and declares he wants Sandra back. Good luck with that.

And, lastly, Brangelina are still dressing that little Shiloh like a boy for reasons that remain a mystery to me.

2 comments:

Grey280 said...

I'm so out of touch with pop culture, I have no idea who any of these people are...

Unknown said...

agree agree agree....this is the BEST show on tv people are not watching...at the end of every show, I just feel all warm and fuzzy and so happy with the past 30 minutes I spent.