Friday, October 30, 2009

Crazy Sock Day


I am a bad Mom. I forgot crazy sock day at school.

Yes, there was a note sent home with a, "Don't forget it's crazy mis-matched sock day on Friday!" stuck in between all sorts of other reminders about the science fair and running club.

I only put two and two together when I picked my first-grade daughter up from school and bumped into a sea of children, ALL OF THEM WEARING the craziest (and yes, mis-matched) socks. Macy doesn't even own one pair of "crazy" socks, much less two.

"You forgot crazy sock day, Mommy!" Macy said indignantly.

"I did not," I replied, thinking quickly on my feet. "You are wearing crazy socks today. As in, you're the only kid in the entire school who wore matching, normal socks. That's pretty crazy, huh?!" She didn't buy it.

I guess I didn't get the memo to have not one, but two pairs of insanely colorful socks on hand, just in case there is another crazy sock day at school. I'm on it. It will not happen again.

2 comments:

RobCo said...

I cannot believe you forgot sock day. If my mom ever forgot sock day....

{ amanda buechler } photography said...

For the future...there is a fun line at Macy's called LilMissmatched. They have pairs of miss matched socks!